Software Expert Witness
What I Do For You
As a software expert witness I help clients involved in software litigation or complex software disputes. I investigate, analyse and report on findings to give expert opinions that can be used to establish the technical truth of the matter. These findings will assist arbitrators or a court in determining the issues, on an objective and unbiased basis.
What Qualifies Me?
I’ve worked for over 35 years in the software industry. During that time I’ve worked as a computer software engineer in a variety of roles from developer to analyst to project leader. I’ve overseen the development of many large enterprise systems as well as many smaller agile projects.
As a director of a number of companies I’ve also negotiated numerous large-scale multi-year development and support contracts. In addition I’ve had many articles published about best practices in the software development life-cycle (SDLC).
Why Use Me?
With my long experience of the software industry, I can provide software expert witness services and software litigation support on a range of technology and computer software matters. I pride myself on being able to discuss these matters in detail with technical people while at the same time explaining them at a high level to a non-technical audience.
Areas of knowledge and expertise that I can call on include:
- software project contractual matters
- software suitability for use
- software project failures
- best practice processes for software development and testing environments
- the design, construction, testing, and maintenance of web applications
- computer application design and user interface
- relational database management system (RDBMS), especially anything involving the Microsoft SQL Server
- software project management and documentation
- software design and code review